After the inaugural Underground Supper Club dinner held at Terrapin Cove on Farmer Lake September 26, I received a number of queries about the next dinner. I am planning to hold one more before the weather gets too nippy. Mark the date: October 10 at 5 p.m. Seating is limited to eight guests. The menu features the following Autumn themed five-course menu.
Fried Blackeye Peas
(an homage to the Yancey House Restaurant)
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto, Fennel, Red Onion,
& Granny Smith Apple
Shitake Mushroom (Fogwood Farm) & Wild Rice Roup with Bok Choy
Autumn Salad with Local Greens, Apples, Pears, Toasted Pecans, Bacon, Cranberries and Feta Cheese
with Creamy Poppyssed Dressing
Sous Vide Salmon with Local Potatoes Gratin & Roasted Broccoli
Four-Nut Chocolate and Caramel Tart
Cinnamon Ice Cream
1) This event is being kept small. There will be 2-3 tables spaced 8 feet apart. Seating is outside on the covered second-floor deck, overlooking Farmer Lake. At the table, individuals will have at least 2 feet between them and their dining companions. Your server will be masked.
2) Masks will be worn upon entering the cabin but once you are seated, they can be removed. However, please put the mask back on when entering the kitchen/cabin.
3) Guests are welcome to bring their own wine (no corking fee) and pour for themselves at their table (because of the age of my waiter). If you need an ice bucket, let me know. I am happy to provide wine glasses and a cork screw. Beverages avaible at the dinner are bottled water and soft drinks.
4) We are hoping to have reservations of 3-4 people at two of the tables. There is one table that seats two. To make a reservation, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), and I will give you directions and we can discuss payment.
5) Alas, there are no cancellations. If you find you are unable to come, please send someone else in your stead. That said, please do not come if you have CV symptoms. I know that sounds contradictory. But let me quote Walt Whitman: “Do I contradict myself? / Very well then I contradict myself, / (I am large, I contain multitudes).”
6) Arrival time is 5 p.m. If you want to come early and walk down to the lake or sit by the fire pit, that is great. Mi casa es su casa. Service will begin at 5:30 pm. Because we are outside, you might want to bring a sweater or jacket.
7) The cost per person is a donation of 100. and includes tax and gratuity.