The Terrapin Cove Supper Club returns, just in time to say farewell to summer with an exciting menu featuring some of my favorite summer recipes. Mark the date: September 11 at 6:00 p.m. The cost per person is a donation of 100, which includes tax and gratuity. Seating is limited to 10 guests. The menu features the following Summer Adieu themed five-course menu (with a few surprises thrown in for good measure).
Catfish Skewer with Two Cajun Sauces
Tomato Tartare, Olives, and Toast Points.
Corn & Chorizo Salad, Yellow Crookneck Squash and Onions,
Rosemary New Potatoes, Green Veggie, Yancey House Tobacco Onions
Late Summer Fruit Duo
Peach Upside Down Cake made with McKinney’s Peaches
Due to the resurgence of Covid issues, we will be following last fall’s guidelines.
- Due to the resurgence of Covid issues, we will be following last fall’s guidelines. We ask that you have been vaccinated and that you wear a mask when you are in the cabin. Since you will be dining al fresco, no masks are needed outside.
- This event is being kept small. There will be 2-3 tables spaced 6 feet apart. Seating is outside on the covered second-floor deck, overlooking Farmer Lake. Your server will be masked.
- Groups will reserve a table. That way you control who will be breathing on you :-). One table seats 2 and the other two tables seat 3-5 guests. To make a reservation, email me (email@example.com), and I will give you directions and we can discuss payment.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own wine (no corking fee) and pour for themselves at their table. If you need an ice bucket, let me know. I am happy to provide wine glasses and a cork screw. Beverages avaible at the dinner are bottled water and soft drinks.
- Alas, there are no cancellations. If you find you are unable to come, please send someone else in your stead. That said, please do not come if you have CV symptoms. I know that sounds contradictory. But let me quote Walt Whitman: “Do I contradict myself? / Very well then I contradict myself, / (I am large, I contain multitudes).”
- Arrival time is 6:00 p.m. If you want to come early and walk down to the lake or sit by the fire pit, that is great. Mi casa es su casa. Service will begin at 6:30 pm.
- The cost per person is a donation of 100. and includes tax and gratuity.